Beef Stew recipe
Ingredients: 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided 1 lb. stew meat, visible fat removed 1 cup chopped onion 1 clove garlic, mi...
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. stew meat, visible fat removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups homemade beef stock or canned unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1 lb.) cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup stock
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on one side for 5 minutes without turning over. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Turn meat, add 1 tsp. oil & brown another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Do not crowd the meat. Brown in two batches if necessary.