Zucchini and Feta Balls
Ingredients 2 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed 1/4 cup of feta, crumbled 1 splash ouzo (optional) 1 clove garlic, chopped 2 g...
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 1/4 cup of feta, crumbled
- 1 splash ouzo (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful herbs (such as mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- ~1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- breadcrumbs (I use whole wheat)
- oil for frying
- Mix the zucchini, feta, ouzo, garlic, green onion, herbs and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in enough flour and breadcrumbs that you can work with the mixture to form balls.
- Form the mixture into balls and dust in flour.
- Fry in oil until golden brown and set aside to cool.