Ingredients about 5 cups of fresh raspberries 1 cup water 1½ cups sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lem...
- about 5 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Add water and raspberries to a food processor. Pulse until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Add pureed raspberries to the strainer (1/4 at a time) and press with the back of a large spoon or a rubber spatula through the strainer to remove the seeds. Repeat with remaining raspberry puree. Discard anything left in the strainer.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice to the raspberry juice in the bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Serve immediately for a soft-serve dessert OR transfer to a shallow container and freeze an additional 1-2 hours for a more firm sorbet.