Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients 2 sweet onions, cut into chunks ½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth 2 lb boneless pork loin roast ½ tsp chili powder ½ ts...
- 2 sweet onions, cut into chunks
- ½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 lb boneless pork loin roast
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Stubb's® Original BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp Stubb's® Original BBQ Sauce (for drizzle)
- Put onion chunks and beef broth in a slow cooker and set aside.
- Trim fat from pork. In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Rub mixture evenly over pork. Place meat in slow cooker (if necessary, cut meat to fit into cooker).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-4½ hours.
- 45 minutes before pork is ready, set oven to 400. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender. (To save time you can microwave your sweet potatoes! Puncture each sweet potato several times with a fork. Evenly arrange potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Cook on high for 4-5 minutes for the first potato, plus 2-3 minutes for each additional
- potato. Flip potatoes halfway through cooking.)
- Remove meat from the slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Use a slotted spoon to remove onion chunks and place in the same bowl as the pork. Using forks, pull meat apart.
- In another large bowl, combine BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Pour over shredded pork and onions; mix thoroughly to coat.
- Using a knife, slice sweet potatoes down the middle, creating an open center. Fill each sweet potato with a little more than ½ cup of the meat mixture. Optional: drizzle ½ Tbsp of BBQ sauce back and fourth over the top of each potato.