Zucchini Cheese Casserole : Low Carb
Zucchini Cheese Casserole Large zucchini (1.5 – 2lbs) 1 tbsp olive oil ¼ c onion 3 or 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1 c mozzarella, sh...
Zucchini Cheese Casserole
- Large zucchini (1.5 – 2lbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ c onion
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 c mozzarella, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 c chopped basil or parsley (or combo of both!)
- ½ c parmesan cheese
- Grate zucchini with a cheese grater or the grater attachment of a food processor. (While I am grating this, I put what I have grated so far in a strainer over a bowl so that some of the liquid drains out. Then I try to squeeze as much liquid out through the strainer as I can)
- Beat eggs, mozzarella and sour cream in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large non stick pan, heat olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic. When they are browned, add the grated zucchini and sauté for a few minutes.
- Place the zucchini/onion mixture into an 8 x 8 pan. Take the cheese/egg mixture and dump it into the pan and stir it into the zucchini mixture until well combined.
- Layer the top with the parsley and basil. Sometimes I leave that as a layer and sometimes I mix it in.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 6 servings: Calories 163, Carbs 6g, Fat 12g, Protein 11g,Fibre 1g