Southern Fried Salmon Patties
Ingredients Serves 4 3 ...
|14 3⁄4 oz canned salmon|
|1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped|
|1⁄4 cup cornmeal|
|1⁄4 cup flour|
|3 tbsp mayonnaise|
- Open salmon and drain thoroughly. Place drained salmon in mixing bowl and flake evenly with a fork.
- Add onion, corn meal, flour, mayonnaise, and egg. Stir until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into patties about the size of an average burger or less.
- Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side. Turn once while frying.
- Note: The mayonnaise helps the patties hold their shape and keeps them from being too dry.