Roasted Tomato Soup
Ingredients 8 to 10 tomatoes, halved 4 garlic cloves, smashed 2 small onions, quartered 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil salt and fre...
- 8 to 10 tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
- fresh basil leaves for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a baking pan or baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl or pot, combine halved tomatoes, garlic, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread tomato mixture on prepared pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender, stirring once or twice during the process.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer roasted tomatoes to a blender and add sliced basil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a soup pot and cook over medium-high heat until heated through.
- Garnish with basil leaves.