Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
Ingredients 1 1/3 cups sugar 1/2 cup canola oil 1 1/4 cups canned 100% pumpkin 3 large eggs 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour 1 1...
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups canned 100% pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon For Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- handful of whole cloves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill each line three quarters full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. For Frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and butter together for several minutes. Mix in confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Using an apple corer poke a hole in the center of each cupcake. If you don't have an apple corer you can also cut a 1 inch by 1 inch circle in the center using a sharp knife. Set aside cake pieces.
- Fill hole with frosting and add a little frosting on the top. Place reserved cake pieces on top and garnish with one clove.