Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Olive Garden Copycat
Ingredients 4 T butter 1 large yellow onion, small diced 1 C celery, small diced 2 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 cup flour 1 qu...
4 T butter
1 large yellow onion, small diced
1 C celery, small diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup flour
1 quart half and half
3 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese – for garnish
1 pound package gnocchi
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and lightly browned around the edges, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the flour until there are no more lumps and simmer until thickened.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and simmer until thickened, about 4-6 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth and simmer until thickened again, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the Carrots, spinach leaves, thyme, parsley, chicken, and gnocchi. Continue to cook until all the ingredients are just heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve.