Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction
Ingredients 1 baguette, thinly sliced 1/4 cup olive oil, divided 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed 2 cup...
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place baguette slices onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes; set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture, garnished with basil.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with balsamic reduction.